Environmental, Social & Governance - ESG
Integrating ESG matters into our operations and any investment decision-making processes are key elements to being a responsible corporate body.Minimising our impact on the environment is a strong company focus. This includes reducing our carbon footprint and water usage, reforestation and protecting biodiversity.
Aterian is committed to being a responsible corporate citizen, and we are committed to operating in a manner that is transparent, environmentally responsible, ensures the longevity of our operations, supporting socio-economic improvement of our host communities.
We firmly believe it is part of our corporate responsibility to deliver returns by being a responsible investor. Integrating ESG matters into our operations and any investment decision-making processes are key elements to being a responsible corporate body.
Responsible mining and exploration is about being transparent and open. At Aterian, this is a commitment both to the safety of our people and to the protection of the environment, as well as to continuous improvement through technological innovation. This is made possible thanks to the dedication of our employees – and with the support of our leadership and the communities in which we operate.
At Aterian we recognize the importance of the UN Sustainable Development Goals (UN SDG), and we indirectly contribute in some way to the majority of them. We have prioritized the SDGs that align most directly with our business, corporate strategy, sustainability efforts, and stakeholder expectations, while also representing our greatest opportunities to contribute further to the goals.
Aterian’s commitment to being a responsible corporate citizen is guided by our ESG policies
Our Commitment to the Growing Importance of ESG in the Mining Environment
ESG factors are likely to be the main source of risk in metal and mineral supply over the coming decades, more so than direct reserve depletion
- Conflict Mineral Policy – Following the OECD and the EU guidelines, preventing armed groups in the DRC and adjacent countries from benefitting from the sourcing of Conflict Minerals.
- Local Community Support – Improving service levels to clients whilst acting fairly in dealings with suppliers and third parties.
- Environment– Minimising impact on the environment is a strong company focus.
- Training and Development – Dedicated to providing training and development opportunities to staff members.
- Clean water initiative – Helping provide clean drinking water to approx. 26,000 school children and teachers in Rwanda.
- Food and healthcare insurance support – Provided in the Musasa area of Rwanda during the Covid-19 pandemic.
- Corporate Governance – The Company conforms to the QCA Corporate Governance Code and applies this to all its subsidiaries.